Finding a suitable translation services provider can be a bit of an ordeal if you are not a linguist or don’t have much knowledge of the translation industry. At Business Language Services Ltd. (BLS), we understand this and will always endeavour to make the process as smooth and seamless as possible. Established in 1990, we have gained a wealth of experience and expertise in all areas of translation, so you can safely put your trust in our hands.
First of all, we are not robots! At BLS, we are all translators and linguists ourselves. This places us in a uniquely privileged position to handle your translation requests with expert knowledge and understanding. We believe that translation is about building bridges of understanding between languages and cultures through conveying meaning, rather than simply translating something word by word. Our expertise benefits our clients at every stage of the translation process, from analysing the documents at the beginning of the quotation stage, to liaising with linguists and clients when queries arise, through to casting an expert eye over the final product.
We understand that your literature represents your company abroad, so quality is paramount. BLS offers the assurance that our translation services are carried out by highly qualified, professional translators working within their specialist subject areas into their mother tongue. This ensures that your translation will be linguistically and culturally appropriate for the market for which it is intended. You can be certain that our linguists meet our core requirements of language and translation experience, subject matter knowledge (essential), skill, motivation and reliability. Our translators, who are based around the world, are carefully selected and assessed based on their qualifications and experience, and their work for BLS is regularly appraised, so we will always strive to select the most suitable linguist for your job. This stringent approach is integral to our ISO 9001 quality management system.
We work with the latest technology in the translation industry. This allows us to manage any industry-specific terminology and ensure consistency between your documents and find a ‘voice’ that’s right for your company or product. We never use any automated translation tools to carry out our work.
We work with all subjects and formats including website translation, technical manuals, legal contracts, marketing literature, medical and pharmaceutical texts, financial document translation, training manuals, patents, telecommunications, IT, engineering and construction, into and from all the major world languages.
Our Translation Approach
In accordance with our ISO 9001:2015 quality management system, the following explains our standard approach for handling translation projects:
- When a customer sends us files for translation, one of our Project Managers will confirm receipt. They will work with the customer to obtain any other relevant information; for example, the timescale/deadline for the translation, any customer-specific terminology, etc.
- The source file will then be assessed by the Project Manager overseeing the project. The Project Manager will analyse the subject matter, the length of the text and the file type so that any desktop publishing requirements can be considered.
- At this stage, the Project Manager will send the quotation to the customer, detailing all relevant prices and a timescale to complete the work.
- A translator will then be selected based on their experience in the subject matter. At this point, the Project Manager will send the translator all of the necessary reference material: termbases, glossaries or online resources. All of our external linguists have signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and a strict confidentiality agreement; our customers can be completely confident that the documents provided to us for translation will be treated securely and confidentially. We are also able to store any documents that are sent to us in an encrypted folder on our server, and we have systems in place to ensure that any documents we send out to our linguists are encrypted and secure in transit.
- The translator would then start the translation. Throughout this process, the Project Manager and translator remain in close contact. This helps to ensure that any linguistic or content queries can be answered quickly.
- The translator will deliver the translation to the Project Manager by email at the time and date previously agreed. The Project Manager will then ensure that all specific instructions provided have been followed, after which both the source and target files will be sent to the proofreader. Proofreading is only ever undertaken by linguists who work in that specific language pair. During this stage, a rigorous review of the translation is carried out. The accuracy, clarity and readability of the translation are checked, not just spelling, grammar and formatting. The proofreader also receives any reference material or resources that were given to the translator.
- Once all changes have been made, the Project Manager will then perform a final quality review, checking for any spelling and grammar errors, as well as handling any of the formatting requirements. Depending on the request, any desktop publishing work would then take place.
- The translation will be sent back to the customer, as agreed, either by email or hard copy should a certified translation be required.
This multi-faceted approach has been the key to the quality of our translation work since the company was founded in 1990.
High-Quality Editing and Proofreading
Poor quality translations can result in misunderstanding, delays, lost business and even lawsuits. A simple grammatical error could change the entire meaning of a sentence. Even the very best translators in the world are human beings, and therefore prone to error.
For these very reasons, we insist that a native, trained proofreader reviews the translated document and ensures that the translated content is a true and accurate rendition to the source document. What’s more, fluency and style are also assessed, again something that only humans are truly equipped to do. The proofreading stage is an essential component of the whole translation process at Business Language Services Ltd. Working with our project managers, our proofreaders painstakingly review and edit the content of the translation work we carry out for our customers.
At BLS, all of our translations are proofread by a second, independent linguist. We assign a Project Manager to each assignment, who will liaise with you and our translators to ensure that your requirements are fully understood and that the job is delivered on time and to your full satisfaction. BLS works with all of the main file types and software formats and we invest in the latest translation memory tools. This enables us to maintain consistency throughout any document and ensure that client-specific glossaries and terminology are followed.
Don’t leave your business to chance (or to a machine) – BLS is here to help you.
Please feel free to get in touch with us by email at email@example.com or feel free to call us on 00 (44) 2920 667 666