Business Language Services Ltd.
Privacy Statement and Cookie Notice
The General Data Protection Regulation GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on 25 May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
The focus of the GDPR is the protection of personal data, i.e. data about individuals, and builds on existing data protection laws, setting out the responsibilities of businesses in relation to the personal data that they collect, hold, transmit and otherwise use.
For further information on GDPR and EU Data Protection Rules please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection
Privacy Statement and Cookie Notice (the ‘Privacy Statement’)
Business Language Services Ltd., registered in England and Wales with company number 2861501 and whose registered address is at Business Language Services Ltd., The Cottages, Jones Court, Cardiff CF10 1BR, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to complying with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. All references to ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ within this Privacy Statement are deemed to refer to Business Language Services Ltd., its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
This Privacy Statement and any other documents referred to herein sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By
visiting www.businesslanguageservices.co.uk (the ‘Site’) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
Information That We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise (including through any new features of the Site which we reserve the right to add at any point in the future). This may include information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the Site, and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and financial and credit card
- Information that we collect about you. In respect of each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our contact telephone number provided on the
- Information that we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub- contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use and reserve the right to use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your
- Information that we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising that we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Information that we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Business Language Services Ltd. Me rges with or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Business Language Services Ltd., its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Your personal data is held on a secure server. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will use reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please us at [email protected] with all details of what information you require or any updates or amendments or deletions you would like to make to your personal information on our database. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed legislative fee.
Any changes we may make to the Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on our website page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to the Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions or comments about privacy issues please write to:
Business Language Services Ltd., Jones Court, Womanby Street, Cardiff, CF10 1BR