Business Language Services (BLS) Ltd. is a language services company based in Cardiff, which has been providing a range of language-based services to companies for over twenty years. These services include translation, interpreting and language training.
BLS is looking to recruit a junior project manager for its office in Cardiff city centre.
Application deadline: 14 September 2012
Start date: asap
This will be a fixed-term appointment with the possibility to extend based on performance and the ongoing requirements of the business.
General liaison with clients and suppliers by phone and e-mail.
Management of translation projects:
– word-counting, quotations;
– placement of translations;
– monitoring of ongoing projects;
– organisation of proofreading;
– amending and final quality control;
– delivery to clients;
– dealing with client feedback;
– maintenance of records, including translation memories.
Management of interpreting projects:
– taking bookings from clients;
– allocating interpreters.
There would be the opportunity to carry out translation and proofreading work as well as interpreting and teaching assignments, where appropriate.
– At least one foreign language to degree or equivalent level, or a native speaker of a foreign language with excellent communication skills in English.
– Very good IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of translation memory software, such as SDL Trados, an advantage.
– Good communication skills and telephone manner, plus the ability to deal with clients in a positive and professional way. An eye for detail is essential.
– The ability to work as part of a team, but also to be independent and use initiative.
– Knowledge of Welsh an added advantage.
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
If interested, please submit your application to Kate Figueredo, Senior Project Manager via email: email@example.com.